High heels: Can’t live with ’em, can’t live without ’em.
High heels pain, on the other hand? Can definitely live without it.
It’s the age-old question asked by every shoe-loving woman: “How in the world do I wear high heels without the pain? Is it even possible?”.
Well, yes it is! These 5 tips will go a long way to ensure 100% comfort.
5. Have Your Feet Sized Check Once Per Year
Your foot size changes over the years, even as much as one full size, especially after having kids. Have your feet sized once a year, and do it if you’ve never had it done.
Have your feet measured when you’re buying shoes, for width and for length as well. A lot of people think they’re a wide or vise versa and they’re not, so definitely do that before you shop.
4. Stretch Your Feet After You Take Your Shoes Off
The stretches that you’ll want to do are the stretches that will target the front of the foot and ankle, like pointing your toes down, and pulling your toes up with a strap to get the Achilles’ tendon and the calf muscles.
And then side to side to get to the instep and the outside of the foot.
3. Avoid Thin Soles, Opt Instead for a Platform
Thin soles will almost always give you pain on the bottom of your foot.
You want a thicker sole or a little bit of a platform, which will offset some of the pressure when you’re walking. A rubbery material will absorb that pressure.
2. Try a Shoe with More Coverage up Top
The more coverage you have on the top of your foot, the better.
Sometimes high-heeled boots are actually something you can wear all day and they don’t bother your feet as much.
In the summer, you can try something with an ankle strap or a big wide strap across the top.
1. Don’t Just Use Any High-Heel Shoe Insert
You’ve probably tried several high heel insoles that just cushion your feet with gel or foam – and that’s why they didn’t work.
Cushion does not stop discomfort!
Instead you need high-heel shoe inserts that rotate your heel bone up and back, shifts your weight off the ball of your foot and evenly distributes it throughout the front of your foot and your heel.
All while keeping your foot from slipping forward in your shoe.
Even weight distribution + foot stability = Total comfort and no foot pain!
If you want to start wearing high heels 4 times longer without pain then you should checkout the Podiatrists-endorsed Vivian Lou Insoles.
A Few Other Things You’ll LOVE About These Shoe Inserts:
- You can’t see them in your shoes even strappy sandals.
- The insert is super slim so your shoes won’t feel tighter. Actually, you won’t even know you are wearing them—except that your feet won’t hurt!
- They earned the prestigious American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance. (This is a big deal and means they are good for your feet!)
- They stand behind their product! Don’t love them? Send them back for a full refund. (But you won’t want to.)
- These are made of clear resin, which means they won’t harbor bacteria or odor. (The ones made of foam or gel that you can get at the grocery store or big box retailers can get really gross and smelly.)
- I’ve also noticed I am standing a little straighter, and the mild low back and hip pain I would feel while wearing high heels GONE!